T(ec)hursday challenge: a new addiction: Is this Prime?
Learning while doing – money questions and answers: Financial Soccer
HOUR OF CODE CHALLENGE: Dance Party via Code.org
DECEMBER OF CODE: Santa Tracker Activities (new each day in December)
Past T(ec)hursday Challenges
- Don’t die of disentery – but try the classic: Oregon Trail
- Design Squad at PBS
- Always good in winter : Christmas Tree Light Up Challenge
- how is your 3D game? Curveball
- Getting ready for code.org “Hour of Code” – they just launched Minecraft: Voyage Aquatic
- can you “toss” the ball to the target? Neat physics thinking! JECT
- Can you get the trucks where they need to get and earn $$? BUILDING RUSH
- Test your construction skills – picking the right tools and staying within budget to BUILD BRIDGES
- Can we get through these mazes by clicking on the right switches to open pathways? MAZE SWITCHES
- Building things – even virtually takes practice and patience: JACKSMITH (from our friends at engineering.com)
- Electric Box – sending electricity to a circuit <– read and follow the introductory instructions!!
- How is your roller coast game play?! http://www.engineering.com/GamesPuzzles/RollercoasterRush/tabid/5158/Default.aspx
- We have been balancing a lot of activities and events – so try SUPER STACKER
- Some group challenges at: http://brainbashers.com
- specific challenge: how fast can you type the alphabet: http://brainbashers.com/atoz.asp Mr Landys best: 5.5 seconds
- specific challenge: how long to find the numbers 1 – 100 (english, not french) – Mr Landys fastest score so far is 5 mins 55 seconds
- how is your reaction time? Mr Landys best is .330 seconds – class best is .088!!
- how close can you get to ten seconds (Mr Landys best: 9.697 seconds)
- what is your favourite that the class should challenge to get a “best score”
Created by a Grade 8 Student: Score a goal!
We like flying – Learn to Fly 3 – and working on our music videos!
We have been trying to think and see in three dimensions – try out starlight and align the stars so try Starlight
We have been working on shapes with Miss Ashleigh, so try to beat Mr Landys score on the best pattern/shape game EVER: Tetris
or explore Plate Tectonics
space games: http://www.airplanegame.us/category/space-games/
National Puzzle Day:
Board Game Friday: online but WITH ads….
then: MadBombs (needs flash)
then: a Dim Sum “Dish it Out” Challenge
(start by making a logo then you can start the game)
or (bonus) can you help them find the parts they need for an invention: http://www.wallaceandgromit.com/games/invention-suspension
Star Wars related: